Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way not to have so much padding with the new Confluence image editor?

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Is there any way not to have so much padding above and below rectangular images with the new Confluence image editor? It's creating way more white space than needed.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

As long as Atlassian will not let us control the CSS, no.

3 votes
Kathy Bateman January 24, 2022

I'm having the same issue adding some short & wide images to Confluence pages. The page editor holds a SQUARE space for the image on the page, meaning there's way too much padding above and below the image.

Weirdly this only happens to some images. Here's the pattern:

- if I take a screenshot that's short & wide and upload it, the page holds the correct rectangular space for the image aspect ratio.

- if a take a screenshot, crop the screenshot in Preview (I'm on a mac) in a short wide aspect ratio, and upload the cropped image, then it holds a square space for the rectangular image.

No idea why it would be doing that. Hope it gets fixed.

ghackett99 January 13, 2023

Thank you for posting this! I was running into this same issue with an image edited in Preview. I took a screenshot of the same image, uploaded that and now the padding is gone!

Pierre Foucart April 10, 2024

Thanks a lot for the tip @Kathy Bateman!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events