Is there a way to show which users are viewing certain content or pages in Confluence?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Glen, 

We recently started using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/powerview/cloud/support. It does tell us the "who" but the reporting is a bit clunky. I have been in contact with the developer and made some recommendations. 

Hey Glenn,

if you only want to get this information for yourself, this might help you: Manage Watchers

You need to have space admin rights to see the watchers though.

Thank you for the response, Marcel.

After reading the description for Manage Watchers, it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. We have a page that has a link to a spreadsheet. We'd like to find out if the link is used, and possibly by whom. The goal is to determine if the spreadsheet is used by the target audience.

Both the Archive plugin from the Confluence Marketplace and Google analytics can tell if a page is being visited. Google Analytics can tell you where people came from for your spreadsheet (guessing it has a URL).

But it is the who that causes the problem.  I know of know way to say who is visiting a Confluence page or your spreadsheet.  Sorry, but Atlassian has said in other posts that they aren't going to track that information to protect the user's identity.  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

98 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you