Is there a way to get access to a restricted page if the admin is no longer in the system?

Sandhya Sriram May 4, 2021

There is a page that has inherited restrictions from the parent page. The admin leaves the company without releasing the restrictions. Is there a way to get access to that page?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Do you mean an admin of a space of a Confluence site? Anyway, there should always be more than one, in case of such situations.

A space admin can remove page restrictions. A site admin should be able to do this too.

I am no technical expert, but someone with some query language expertise can probably execute some routine to remove the rextrictions.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

I agree with @Patrick Vanhoof  here.

As part of the off boarding of an Admin, you should always be initiating a new admin to replace him/her.

If no one has access to the administration pages (Confluence Administrator Privilege), then this will become a bigger issue as creating and managing various administrative tasks may be locked to you all.

Confirm first if this is just impacting a space and if not and you meant an overall Confluence administration then I recommend reaching out to Atlassian support since I believe only an administrator can grant Administrative privilege in the application.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events