Is there a way in Confluence to call out to an existing api to get the status?

Pheakdey Yi March 18, 2020

I would like to create a page in confluence that lists out all of our services, and a nice feature would be a ping to update for health of the service if that is possible.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hello @Pheakdey Yi,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Can you confirm with me what services you are referring to that you want to ping? Is it an external service, or do you mean that you want to know the status of your Cloud site in a Confluence page?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Shannon

Pheakdey Yi March 20, 2020

Hey Shannon, this would be an external api. Let's assume I wrote a service deployed to aws or google cloud. I have an endpoint /health of that service. I want to list out the service in confluence and have its health status displayed. Anytime someone visits the confluence page, it would ping the /health to see if its up or down.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for describing what you're looking to do.

There's not a way to serve this information directly in Cloud. Have a look at our Developer resources as you may be able to create an add-on that would work with Confluence Cloud and your external API.

Another option would be to use the iFrame Macro to load a 3rd-party website that has the information. 

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events