Images all of a sudden stopped displaying in Chrome

Kerryn May 2, 2019

Hi,

My images have been displaying fine and then all of a sudden they are not displaying in Chrome browser. Two images I added this morning are still displaying but all the older ones are not. 

Anyone have any ideas for me on why this has happened and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Kerryn 

Can you first try clicking on the paperclip at the top of the page and check if the attachments are still there?

Regards

Dave

Kerryn May 2, 2019

Hi Dave,

I clicked on the paperclip and all attachments are still there. I actually re-added them all since posting this, and it just happened again :-(

Thanks,

Kerryn

Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Kerryn 

So, the attachments are still there. Can you check following. 

• Is confluence recently upgraded?
  • Are there new add-ons?
  • Are add-ons recently upgraded? 
  • Is it working for other computer/browser/user

Regards

Dave

Kerryn May 2, 2019

Hi Dave,

I'm not aware of any recent upgrades, and I haven't installed any add-ons myself.

The images do display when I go to IE, and they also display fine in Chrome for other users in my company. I even tried rebooting my machine and logging out and into Confluence again.

Thanks,

Kerryn

Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019

Hi @Kerryn 

IE works on your pc, but Chrome does not work. 

On other pc it works with crome. 

Can you please answer following question

• Are Chrome versions the same on each pc?

Please perform following steps and let me know the results of the steps

• Can you try in incognito mode?
  • Disable your browser add-ons and try again. 
  • If it does not work, please clear you cache and cookies and try again. 

Regards

Dave

Kerryn May 2, 2019

Hi Dave,

Not sure what did the trick but I tried all your suggestions and I have my images back!

Thank you so much for your help. Was a morning wasted but I can now carry on with my day. 

Thanks,

Kerryn

Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019

Hi @Kerryn 

I'm glad that the issue is gone for the moment.

But if it ever would come back. 

We established it was not due to confluence itself but that it was something with your computer. 

If you have an issue like this, try to clean cache and cookies and check if it is not caused by any of the browser add-ons 

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events