Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send predefined E-Mail template from Confluence

Andrra H. March 12, 2019

Hello there, 

I would like to to be able to send a prepared e-mail just by clicking on a link/button in my confluence documentation. 

Does anyone know how to do that?

I already have an outlook macro with the template, if this is helpful.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Other options that I have used as well are below. We currently use the first extensively in our environment. But we used to use the second and it worked well too.

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

I'd echo @Davin Studer  with ConfiForms -- been finding this a really useful plugin with excellent support for our queries (+ good documentation)

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

Hi Andrra,

You can upload an Outlook template file (.oft) to a page and then use the Link dialog to point a hyperlink to that file.  When the user clicks on it they'll download and open your prefilled email template.

Good luck!

Karl M Kovaciny September 9, 2019

Downloading is a bit slow (it doesn't auto-open) and it's a bit annoying that this gives you multiple copies in your downloads. I ended up saving the templates on my HD anyway and just using the link text to tell me which one to use.

This is clunky when someone's address changes (though still better than an Outlook shared calendar). When I do this, and someone's address changes, I have to:

• download all the templates with that address, or find them on my hard drive
  • double-click and edit (removing my signature so it isn't in the template)
  • Save As .oft. Say No to saving the email.
  • reupload.

It would be much nicer to just edit a page live and click Send.

Like Sambasiva Kollepalli likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events