Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make table of contents macro appear in page properties report

Guuglette Moibooty April 11, 2018

Hi, 

I've included a table of contents in the page property box on a page, listing all headlines.

I have also created an overview page with a page properties report on another page. 

The table of contents does not show in the report. 

Is it at all possible to include macro generated data into the page properties report?

And if so, how can it be done?

thx 

3 answers

1 vote
Danny Bols May 10, 2022

In our case this is a very annoying bug especially as we use it in the Page Properties Report to have a simple overview on the topics discussed in the past. I do not understand the "Won't Fix" decision on this bug CONFSERVER-54057 as the preview of the Page Properties Report macro does work correctly and it shows the content of the TOC macro.

Please reconsider the "Won't Fix" decision.
--
Gr. Danny

1 vote
Paul LaBarbera April 23, 2018
0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Would it work for you to use the Excerpt Include Macro with the Excerpt Macro to capture the TOC portion? If you have time, I would be interested in a screen shot of the page properties report page you built so I can get a better idea how you are using it.

frank_dohmen February 13, 2020

Hi, same problem here.

I created a table with columns and values on a page template which is used multiple times. This table on each page is surrounded by a properties macro.
One value of that table is the TOC at H2 only to show a list of contents of the page.

When I now try to create a page prop report on one single page then that TOC column value (actual TOC of the pages) is shown properly within the edit screen for the page prop report. But when saving it, then the TOC is not shown at all, looks like an issue with the resolution of the macro in another macro. But why does it work and show up as expected in the preview within the edit page prop report screen?

Thanks in advance
Frank

Like Jose Gascon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events