How to make a confluence statistics?

Egor Arbatskiy May 23, 2022

Hello everyone.

Synopsis: Im a new employee at my company. The department I've got into has it's own space which has been flooded with more than 4200 pages of different content in two years.
The content I've met is some times duplicated or even triplicated, some of the employees used confluence pages as a personal diary - the space looks like a total dump. The management of department wants the space to become a cleaner place.

My initiative is to gather statistics from confluence by exporting the pages with the information about authors, date of the last update and the amount of views. By doing this I can make up statistics of confluence contributors and outdated/unused pages.

The space tool "content export" doesn't really answer my needs as I need more upscale info about our space.

I hope someone had already met such case and can provide me with a small prompt, I'd really appreciate that.

2 answers

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

@Egor Arbatskiy 

Better Content Archiving for Confluence is a go-to-tool for enterprise teams for making Confluence leaner by analyzing content quality, identifying and cleaning up unused content, notifying stakeholders, and automatically archiving/removing not needed pages.

Your use case is the #1 scenario when our users start using the app to automate Confluence Content Lifecycle Management.

Learn more about the app and also read some of the enterprise customer use case stories, starting with how the LinkedIn Documentation team cleaned up their HUGE Confluence instance.

If you have questions, reach out to our support team anytime!

01-content-quality.png

(Please note that I'm part of the team developing Better Content Archiving for Confluence.)

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Egor Arbatskiy ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Basically if you know which pages are least used and which pages are most used. You will have a better idea to mange i belive. You can query the DB and get info like which spaces or pages that are not used much. 

In order to get statistics you can view the space activity. Below URL has all info like how to enable it etc.

I hope this info will help. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events