Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Cloud instance of Confluence (Free subscription)

James Alexander March 2, 2021

I am testing migrating my server instance of Service Desk and Confluence to the Cloud.  My Service Desk is a paid subscription buy my Confluence is the free edition.  The initial test migration to the cloud went well and when I went to delete everything so I could test the migration again I found that I can't delete the Confluence instance and the users (over 900), at least in a timely fashion.   Deleting Service Desk was immediate, but with Confluence it says "Cancellation pending - We've received your request to cancel this site. You won't be charged with your next renewal."  I really need to be able to iterate over several migration tests quickly.  Is there a better way of getting rid of my instance so that I can continue my testing in a timely fashion?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021
Hello James,
Happy to help you get your Confluence site reset. I checked with the Advocates team, and they confirmed that since you switched off renewal for your site, your Confluence site would be deleted entirely at the end of your free trial on April 19th.
If you require immediate deletion, raise a billing/licensing ticket with Customer Advocates. They can obtain your authorization and delete your Confluence site on your behalf.

Let me know if you have any trouble, but you should raise a billing ticket without any issue, even as a free account holder.
Take care,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events