Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change initials from grey to colours

Brenda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2020

I am assuming Atlassian bought out Trello because it used to be easier then this.  I'm logged into Trello with three users.  I need them to have different colours so that it shows up properly instead of all grey.  I have hunted high and low and there's' absolutely no option for this, please advise.  I'm just testing to see if it works for me.

6 answers

2 votes
Mattias Van doninck September 25, 2020

Hi, a colleague of mine did manage to change the colour of her initials. By accident. It's now a red circle with her initials, whereas all other colleagues (that is, those who didn't upload a custom picture) on the Trello board have their initials in a grey circle.

She has no clue how she did it and she wants to get rid of it. She's not tech savvy at all. Anyone has an idea where this can be modified?

Kati Falzone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2020

This happened to me this week, too! I am now a teal color instead of grey like the rest of my team. I have checked the settings everywhere and cannot fix it!

Like Gaga likes this
1 vote
Daniel Cowan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 25, 2022

Go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility and hover over your profile avatar.  From there you can choose the option "Create initials avatar" where you'll have a choice of 7 colours and can customise up to 4 initials.

Kyle Humfeld
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 12, 2022

This worked for me.  Thanks for posting the instructions!

0 votes
Jessie Kragten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 14, 2021

I am having this problem too.
For some reason Atlassian does not respond on this posts themselves.
You would expect a decent answer from them after more than a year.

0 votes
Julie Nasr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 19, 2021

Hi.  I just figured it out in a hacky way.  Go take a screen shot of a solid color.  Add text to the screen shot for your initials.  Upload that saved picture as your avatar here.  This will give your initials some color.

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

0 votes
Suzanne Corriell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 6, 2021

Same question here -- if anyone figures it out, please respond. Thanks!

0 votes
unsaforyou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 13, 2021

hello, I have the same question, did you find out how is possible to change colour? my colleague made it and he doesn't know how.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events