Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the previous versions of one xls sheet.

Arnab Duttagupta May 4, 2023

I want to delete the previous versions of one xls sheet.-

Everytime I have uploaded it has created a new version!!Screenshot 2023-05-04 170300.png

2 answers

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Arnab Duttagupta 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Looks like you do not have space admin access on the space. You can contact your space admin to get access or ask them to delete the version on your behalf.

Space Admins can also delete specific versions of an attachment:

1. Go to  > Attachments
  2. Click the expand arrow next to the attachment name to see the list of attachment versions
  3. Choose Delete next to the version you want to delete.

Please note - Deleted file versions are not recoverable from the trash.

2023-05-05 09_38_57-Manage Files _ Confluence Data Center and Server 8.2 _ Atlassian Documentation.jpg

Deleted user May 24, 2023

@Kishan Sharma, I cannot see the delete options for each of the versions in the ebook library page that I have created in Confluence. Can you please help me with the same?

Screenshot 2023-05-24 184044.png

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @[deleted] Do you have space admin access on the space ? If not, you will need to get that access or ask existing space admins to help you with the deletion of older versions.

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

@Arnab Duttagupta (Note: I use Cloud version)

First, this is the behavior as designed—to allow you to go back to a previous version if needed.

Second, is this the view when you on the Attachments page? I have only attached PNG screenshots to my Confluence pages, but, on the Attachments page, there is a Delete link on the far right for each version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events