• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create a glossary term in Confluence 1000.0.0 Edited

I want do add term to glossary - the glossary page is available in current version of Confluence, but when i try to use context action the glossary term action does not appear! How do I add terms?

Is there any clear way to mark a part of the template (to be filled during new document creations from this template) and then aggregate all these sections in a separate document automatically without a need to manually add pages to report page?

What I was trying to do is to use page property section in the template. I added a table with rows , each row contains info (1 row=1 term with description). It could work fine for me BUT Property report page shows only the first row of it! 

All other report , excerpt etc macro need to have a certain page name to be placed in settings. 

I want all terms on a same page from different documents. 

How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2020

Hi @Вишня Лариса ,

I think you're looking at creating pages with the glossary template that comes with Confluence. Is that right?

image.png

Even with using something like the Multi-Excerpt app, I think it might be a bit difficult to bring the terms into other pages as you've described. Not saying it can't be done, but I think the approach of trying to use any of the built-in macros or even the Multi-Excerpt app's macro might be harder to set up than it's worth to maintain a glossary like that.

There are a couple Marketplace apps currently that provide Glossary functionality:

With a valid license for one of these apps, I think you'll find it much easier to set up and maintain a glossary.

Cheers,
Daniel

The second one looks like a very similar one to the one I am using (built in Glossary marco) BUT 

I added glossary module to the page and into templates.
When I am adding term from the page which contains module it doest appear on a page and keep showing me that this page has no terms, but they appear on a glossary global page. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing smth wrong. The first time I added terms from the page they use to show up there. But as a started to add glossary module on many pages the terms from the page dont appear on the page anymore :( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

236 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you