Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a glossary term in Confluence 1000.0.0

Вишня Лариса September 25, 2020

I want do add term to glossary - the glossary page is available in current version of Confluence, but when i try to use context action the glossary term action does not appear! How do I add terms?

Is there any clear way to mark a part of the template (to be filled during new document creations from this template) and then aggregate all these sections in a separate document automatically without a need to manually add pages to report page?

What I was trying to do is to use page property section in the template. I added a table with rows , each row contains info (1 row=1 term with description). It could work fine for me BUT Property report page shows only the first row of it! 

All other report , excerpt etc macro need to have a certain page name to be placed in settings. 

I want all terms on a same page from different documents. 

How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi @Вишня Лариса ,

I think you're looking at creating pages with the glossary template that comes with Confluence. Is that right?

image.png

Even with using something like the Multi-Excerpt app, I think it might be a bit difficult to bring the terms into other pages as you've described. Not saying it can't be done, but I think the approach of trying to use any of the built-in macros or even the Multi-Excerpt app's macro might be harder to set up than it's worth to maintain a glossary like that.

There are a couple Marketplace apps currently that provide Glossary functionality:

With a valid license for one of these apps, I think you'll find it much easier to set up and maintain a glossary.

Cheers,
Daniel

Вишня Лариса October 1, 2020

The second one looks like a very similar one to the one I am using (built in Glossary marco) BUT 

I added glossary module to the page and into templates.
When I am adding term from the page which contains module it doest appear on a page and keep showing me that this page has no terms, but they appear on a glossary global page. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing smth wrong. The first time I added terms from the page they use to show up there. But as a started to add glossary module on many pages the terms from the page dont appear on the page anymore :( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events