How do I create a Roadmap / Gantt Chart?

Sharon Eaton August 25, 2022

Lots of info about what a Gantt chart is and lots of fancy advanced stuff. But how do I get started creating a simple Gantt chart?

Which programme, Jira, Confluence??

Where do I start?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Sharon Eaton ,

There are many ways to draw Gantt Chart / Roadmap in Jira and Confluence.
I think which Jira or Confluence you should use depends on your use case.
For example, if your use case is project planning or easiness is important, Confluence would be better. If your use case requires to manage each task in detail, Jira would be better.

Assuming you're using the free edition, if you want a simple tool to draw Gantt Chart, I recommend you,

Sharon Eaton August 26, 2022

Thank you.

I did a search for Gantt Chart within Atlassian and nothing came up so I appreciate the link and article.

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Sharon Eaton ,

We can suggest our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, it's free for Cloud 1-10 users.

You'll be able to create a customized Gantt chart using manually created Confluence tables (here is a step-by-step guide) and Jira Issues macro (please, look here for an example).

The only difference for you as a Cloud user is that you won't be able to wrap macros directly one into another (the screenshots were taken for Server/Data Center). So, you'll need to use the Table Toolbox macro to create sequences of macros - this Toolbox is a kind of a shell for macro wrapping developed especially for new Cloud editor. Other steps will be the same.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events