Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I update a page without triggering a notification

We have a space connected to a slack channel for triggering notifications when pages are added or updated.
Sometimes, a minor change is needed, which will trigger an unnecessary notification.
I tried using the "Publish without notifying watchers" assuming this would do the trick, but unfortunately, it is not the case.
Is there a way to disable notifications for a specific update?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 04, 2022

Hi @Kostas Petrakis ,

if you click on the ellipses in the upper right when in edit mode you will see "publish without notifying watchers"

Yes, I mentioned that I used that, but that still triggers a notification over the slack channel.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 04, 2022

Ah...I see....sorry I missed this. 😕

I am not currently using Slack with Confluence but will find some time to try this out. I'm a bit surprised at this TBH. I don't suspect there is any automation involved here is there?

Nope, I only connected slack to the space and configured the available option of messaging a specific channel when there is an edit to the page.
It might be the case that the "Publish without notifying watchers" is only applicable for people who watch the pages and not the integrations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events