File list shows no files after uploading a file

Sunny Cheng September 23, 2020

I am using a free version of Confluence, and wanted to try out the "file list" template. 

First, I think it's already weird that the option to "Drag and drop to upload or browse for files" is shown when the page isn't in edit mode, and when I click edit I don't see the option to drag and drop file to the list. 

Secondly, I tried dragging a file or selecting a file from my computer to upload to the list, but would only see nothing showing. 

Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Hồng Anh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2022

I encountered the same issue. You should try this:

1. Click Edit on the page

2. Click on macro and click Edit

3. Make sure you do not input any text on field "Filename Pattern"

4. Click "Preview" to see the file appear. 

5. Then Save and see the file appear on the page. 

Good luck. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Sunny,

When you create a file list page in Confluence you are creating a page with the attachment macro already on it.  The page is designed to allow you and your teammates to collaborate using documents.  When the page is in edit mode you can make adjustments to the page or the attachments macro.  Once you save the page you would then upload files to the page that would then show up in the attachments maco. 

Make sure that you are adding files to the page when you are not in the edit mode and they should show up in the attachments list. 

Sunny Cheng September 23, 2020

Hi Brant,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean that the file list page should show all documents that I've uploaded onto Confluence? Or only documents that I've uploaded to the file list page? 

When I dragged documents onto the page (not in edit mode), it would show a circle running like it's uploading, but when the circle stopped running, the list still doesn't show any documents.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

The page should show everything that you have uploaded to the page.  You should be adding them when the page is NOT in EDIT mode.  If it is not showing anything after you use the drag and drop then something is going wrong.  Is the file really large?  HAve you tried different files?  Have you tried a different browser?

Sunny Cheng September 24, 2020

Yeah I was adding the files when the page wasn't on edit mode. I tried with files that is like a 2-page word file and a couple pages of PDF file but still doesn't show up. I tried using Internet Explorer but Confluence doesn't work on IE. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

Did you try in Chrome, Firefox or Edge?

Sunny Cheng September 28, 2020

Chrome is my default browser. Edge somehow doesn't work on my laptop, could not show any web page. Tried Firefox, but still doesn't work. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Can you share a screenshot of the page when you are adding a file to it.

Sunny Cheng October 1, 2020

Hi Brant,

Here are the screenshots. After the second screenshot, it would just appear blank0.png1.png

Mark Ferro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2020

I have the same problem.  Sometimes it will work if I add the file directly to the file list and not in the page that has the file list added but I experience the same thing.  I thought it was a caching issue but that doesn't appear to be it.  Tried different browser and even different computers with no luck making the file upload consistently work

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events