Feature updates for the slack integration for Confluence Server appearing in Slack itself

Nick Reilingh August 22, 2019

The latest version of "Confluence Server for Slack (Official)" was released a few days and contains support for a new slash command. Inside my Slack workspace, the new slash command functions (it's `/conflucne_server search <query>`) but I had to guess what it was, since the exact syntax isn't documented anywhere and doesn't autocomplete.

How does the Slack side of these integrations get updated, when its code is deployed globally, but confluence server app updates are deployed locally?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hello, Nick!

Thank you for contacting us about this. I looked into this for you, and I see that indeed /confluence search was added in the latest release. It does appear that the documentation hadn't been updated yet, so thank you for bringing that to our attention. You can find a new section for the slash command at the bottom of this documentation page:

You will be able to find documentation on it as well by using the /confluence help command, which will display information on that.

In terms of the releases, the code for the integration itself runs locally and is included in the regular plugin updates. The Slack side is a configuration, which determines which events are sent to Jira/Confluence, internal references, etc. No updates are necessary for this, but if it ever were necessary then it would require the user to re-install the application and update the credentials there.

I hope that's clear, but if not let me know and I can answer any questions you might have.

Regards,

Shannon

Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hey!

We also updated the command usage hint in the official Slack App. However, because the way Server Slack apps works you would have to reinstall it to see the update.

After doing this, as you type /confluence_server you will see the hint as follows:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 5.21.57 PM.png

Nick Reilingh September 10, 2019

Thanks @Luiz Silva! That's exactly what I was curious about.

Like Luiz Silva likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events