Expand Box in Template not working when Create new page

Judy Watson April 7, 2023

I have created a Template including an Expand Box.  On the Template it is working fine - ie that Title only showing so when click on can view the text.

When I create a page from the Template, the Expand Box appears as the Title and all text showing, and there is no way to hide the text.

What wanting to do is have a Text Box with Instructions on using the page so that new users (or experienced users needing refreshment) can see the Instructions on using the page, but only if they click on the box, so that the page is kept clean of what for experienced users is unnecessary information.

Any advice on how can achieve this be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

Hi @Judy Watson 

Just a question: Would you be willing to use a text placeholder (which is showing when using the template, but not when published) for giving instructions to the users?

Draft template

using the template.png

Published

published.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

And to be honest I wasn't able to reproduce your problem.

1. I created a template with an expand box, with a title and content.
  2. Went to create a new page using this template
  3. Published the new page
  4. Was able to hide/show the text when viewing the page
  5. Was able to correct title and content while editing the page
Judy Watson April 8, 2023

Alex - thank you for your reply.  The expand box is working fine - I see missed the essential step of Publishing the new page.
So whilst in edit mode, the expand box is open showing title and content, and cannot close.  But once Published, the expand box is by default closed but can click on title to open.

First lesson for the day!  Thank you for your help.

Judy

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events