We're publishing blog posts on our space, and we want to include excerpts of them on our main page.
For each blog post we used the "Excerpt" macro, and then we configured the "Blog Posts" macro on "excerpts", however, we did not have the intended result
Is this a bug? Maybe related to CONFSERVER-54223
I'm having the same problem as Habib, also in a cloud environment.
I have used the Excerpt macro in several blog posts. But this seems to be ignored by the Blog Posts macro elsewhere in the space. It includes much more text than is in my Excerpt.
If I use the Include Excerpt macro, the excerpt appears as I would expect. But I don't want to have to manually update the page each time a blog post is published.
No, I used the "Blog post" macro with the excerpt option (as documented in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/blog-posts-macro-139470.html)
I tested the "Excerpt include" macro in the main page, it worked as expected, but we'd rather prefer the display of the "Blog Post" macro (which is supposed to display excerpts).
You said "on another page" but in my example there're 2 different pages (the main one and the blog post itself). I do it the following way:
1. Create a new page and put a blog post macro on it:
2. Make sure I choose "excerpts" as Content Type to Display:
3. Use the "Create blog post" button to create my first blog post:
4. Make a blog post entry with the excerpt in it:
And here we go:
Is the process the same with you?
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events