Every time I click on one link under the left Navigation sidebar is collapsed

Ana Belén González Villalba September 22, 2020

I am working with Confluence and every time I click any document page under my space, the left navigation sidebar is collapsed, so every time I get lost, because  the navigation sidebar is collapsed, and I don´t know where I was.  The navigation sidebar is collapsed and highlight the first top element on the sidebar.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Ana Belén González Villalba 

Welcome to the community!

If the sidebar keeps collapsing then you need to press the arrow toward the top of the bar to fix it in place.

Alternatively, the keyboard shortcut '[' (on my keyboard it is next to the 'P' key) will do the same thing.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Liam

Ana Belén González Villalba September 22, 2020

Thanks Liam, and do you know why sometimes the index on the sidebar is collapsed, for example, you click one page tree node link under other page tree node link, and the tree is collapsed and I only can see the top levels of the tree. But, it only happens with some page tree nodes not with all of them.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi Ana

I'm not sure why it happens - I think it may be to do with the number of child pages, if there is too many then it collapses.

Did my advice for the sidebar work?

Ana Belén González Villalba September 24, 2020

Yes, the sidebar work advice worked. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events