Does changes in the text of an INCLUDE EXCERPT trigger a WATCHING event

carole Black January 19, 2018

I am trying to determine if changes to any text which is included into a page from another page (via Include Excerpt) will trigger a watching event and send an email?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

I would seriously doubt it. The page itself is not changing (no new version created) when the source text is updated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Bill is right, the "page changed" is fired by the user saving a change to a page.  Not a change to what the page might include.

carole Black January 19, 2018

Thats what I thought - I have a requirement to send an email when a page changes - but everything on the page is and include excerpt.  The changes are being made on the sub pages - not the main page -

Will have to think of a new way to met the requirement.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2018

And receiving emails when the source page for the include changes is not sufficient?

carole Black January 22, 2018

Lower level pages are project specific - want to direct Mgmt to overall project page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events