Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display table of contents links while editing page

tntteam22 November 6, 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to display the table of content while in edit page mode ?

In big long pages, this would be very handy to have a floating TOC menu on the right that would follow the screen when you scroll.

So you could click on section names and jumb to it directly, while in edit mode.

Hope this is clear...

Thanks

6 answers

2 votes
Lars Solberg December 3, 2018

I was just looking into sending this as a feature-request as well.

When editing (after Confluence v6 and multi-edit mode), this addition would be very useful.

A table-of-content on the top right corner example. Hovering, clickable, hotkeys for each heading..

1 vote
Deleted user January 11, 2022

I have the same need. Thanks @Mike Doolittle for submitting the feature request, although i suppose Atlassian wants us to create a structure of parent and child pages and not one long page - this way the TOC is less important.

And where i have a structure of parent and child pages and i go into edit mode, there i would  need the page tree to be displayed while being in edit mode :))

1 vote
Manuel September 16, 2021

You can use Easy Heading Pro Addon. Not very expensive.

1 vote
rae edwards February 16, 2021

We are experiencing the same issue. It would be useful to have the toc links enabled while editing a long document.  

1 vote
Mike Doolittle January 14, 2021

A couple of years later but I have the same problem.  I created a feature request if you want to vote it up: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71398

0 votes
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2023

Hi all! I'm David, a product manager on Confluence Cloud. I'm proud to announce that Table of Contents now displays while you are editing! Check out the community article announcement!

Note that you cannot yet navigate the page while editing using the TOC links, but that is what we are working on next!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events