Create Jira issue from confluence not working

Mahdi Challouf October 28, 2019

Hey all,
I've successful linked confluence and Jira (OAuth connection for both), however i can't create Jira issue from confluence the marco still Loading and no Jira project appear.
Both application are hosted on the same server, they listen on different ports, and they are both reverse-proxied via IIS.
The application links are set up via the added connector port numbers and the display URL is configured to show the proxied URL.

loading.PNGApp link Confluence-Jira 4.PNGApp link Confluence-Jira 1.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Paz Grimberg February 25, 2021

Hi there,

If you like to enhance jira issue creation from confluence, check out Jcreate, new app which allows you full Jira experience. You can try here

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hi @Mahdi Challouf 

I will look at the logs of both applications to see what’s going on when you attempt to create issues.

Also does the JIRA issue macro for loading issue in confluence work? If this doesn’t it could be related in which case, starting at your logs is most important.

Attach the logs over if you do not have an idea what to check for.

Mahdi Challouf October 28, 2019

Hi @Ismael Jimoh 

2019-10-28 12:57:00,338 HealthCheck:thread-5 WARN      [c.a.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] Network error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link 'ef37796e-8813-3585-9b93-1a4324778619'
2019-10-28 12:56:57,240 HealthCheck:thread-7 ERROR      [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.support.GadgetFeedUrlHealthCheck] An error occurred when performing the Gadget feed URL healthcheck
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target 

I can't really locate the cause of this error link issues due to an invalid cert to me, or miss configured BaseURL. These are the last logs I attached here. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019
Mahdi Challouf October 29, 2019

@Ismael Jimoh 

I did the same thing I fixed the issue related to SSL for confluence and Jira i imported the certificate of the target instance it fixed same issues in Jira dashboard but still creating issue from confluence to Jira shows an error in the browser inspection. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events