Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied article does not save

Leo Tohill March 16, 2020

I have an existing page/article titled "hot dog".  I choose "copy" from the ellipses menu.  A new page titled "copy of hot dog" appears. I then click Close.

The new page is not findable.  It's not under "Activity" or "Your work".  It's gone. 

It doesn't matter if I edit it before closing it.  It's gone. I lost a good bit of work due to this problem

The help article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html  describes the Copy feature, but does not correspond to my experience.  I do not see a dialogue that asks for the space of the copy.

Unhappy.

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2020

@Leo TohillAfter you press on the three dots, choose copy.  Then click "publish" (not "close").  Thereafter you can move the published copy wherever you want.

Leo Tohill March 17, 2020

Of course, NOW I know that.  But it is clearly a defect that a copied article is not saved as a draft.  It's a new article, like any other new article, the behavior should be the same.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events