Confluence installation

Owe Jessen February 7, 2014

I am stuck in the installation at this point - "next" never "ungrays". Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?

I inserted a screenshot - it shows in edit, but not when I view the question. So, if it is missing, drop a note.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2014

Hi Owe,

If you are stuck when you try to integrate Confluence user managemet with JIRA's, I suggest you to do the following steps:

1. Stop Confluence
  2. Clear off Confluence HOME directory to re-trigger the installation process
  3. Start Confluence to re-install from scratch
  4. Choose Confluence internal users
  5. Integrate with JIRA after the installation is finished

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Owe Jessen February 13, 2014

Thanks Septa, this helped. I have a starter licence for JIRA, but an evaluation licence for confluence, is this related with the problem?

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

Nope, it is actually a bug in our product as mentioned here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31129

It will be fix in the next release.

Cheers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2014

Difficult to say without the screenshot, but the "next" button is generally greyed out when the installer doesn't understand or can't work with the information you've provided previously. (E.g. you've given it an invalid path or it can't connect to the database you've told it to use, etc)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events