Confluence had problems starting up

Aaron Booth September 11, 2020

We recently updated our weekly Ansible and now our confluence is down and not sure the steps to get the process running again.

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs)
2020-09-11 11:34:34fatalCould not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.TransactionException: Unable to rollback against JDBC Connection

1 answer

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2020

Hi @Aaron Booth

1. Start by inspecting log file(s) in order to diagnose. On Linux it would be in /confluence-install/logs/catalina.out.
  2. Check that your database server is running.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Aaron Booth September 14, 2020

Hi Lasse and thank you for responding.
I believe the our instance is running and I have located and accessed the Log files but I am not sure how to diagnose or what to do with them .
On a positive note after restarting our instance of confluence we have received a new "Exception" description on our page of conflunce. It says "java Heap Space"

What are some possible troubleshooting/Resolutions can I take from here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events