Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence can not save changes after editing, "Something went wrong after loading the editor"

Selin Sezgin May 5, 2023

In Confluence page, people who have authority to edit get the following two errors when they want to edit the page:

1."Something went wrong after loading the editor. Copy your unsaved changes and refresh the page to keep editing." 

2."The connection timed out. If it happens again, speak to your Confluence admin. You may be using a proxy server that prevents WebSocket connections." 

It was possible to edit the confluence page before. When the page is examined as the admin user, the user can only view the information however the user has edit privileges on the page as well. I am attaching the images of the errors. When I try to edit the page it tries to update but it enters a loop and does not save the data. You can see the images below.

ss1.pngss2.png

I’ve tried several solutions, however this seems to be a common problem. What could be the cause of the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

@Selin Sezgin Welcome to the Atlassian community

This usually has to do with collaborative editing not working.  Have you looked at this https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/collaborative-editing-is-not-working-1031837948.html 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events