Confluence Macro list

AKASH BHARDWAJ July 6, 2014

Hi All,

I have upgraded our Confluence instance from 5.1 to 5.2.5.

When i move to Edit Page and use Curly Braces ({), I couldn't find list of macro as well as when i move under More Macro i couldn't see other macros which were there before the Upgrade.

I have checked that under User profile -> setting, it is not Disabled.

Can you please help me on this..

Thanks,

Akash

3 answers

0 votes
AKASH BHARDWAJ July 23, 2014

I have resolved this issue, It was due to Plugin Updates, which has caused this error, I have updated all plugin as well as removed culprit plugin which was causing this issue.

0 votes
Don Willis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

The macro metadata is failing to be downloaded by the browser. If you check your console log in your browser you'll see something about this.

The most likely cause of this is a problem with gadgets. It might be the result of a gadget provider server you were using becoming unreachable. Check your gadget configuration. Temporarily disable any gadget feeds you have in the configuration. (IIRC this means removing them and writing down what they were).

A further debugging step you might want to take is checking that if you type {code} or {toc} etc into the editor the macros appear normally. This would re-inforce that the only problem is downloading macro metadata.

AKASH BHARDWAJ July 7, 2014

Can you please let me know which gadget configuration should i check?

Don Willis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

Any. Note: gadgets, not macros (they're different): https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Registering+External+Gadgets

(technically, in Confluence, gadgets are a subset of macros, kinda)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

Have you checked Admin -> Manage Addons to see if anything has been disabled in there.

Some off-the-shelf macros may disappear if they're no longer useful in the new versions, and some provided by addons may have disappeared if the addon is no longer compatible with the new version (the manage addons screen will tell you about those)

If you don't think it's either of those cases, you should look at your log file next, as there should be errors to tell you why a macro isn't loading.

You might want to tell us what macros have gone - we should be able to tell you why

I have checked all these plugin are enabled.

I cannot see any of the plugin macro when i press "{", I am looking for

1) Code block macro

2) Children display macro

3) TOC - Table of Content macro

I went through logs but there are no error

Please let me know if any information you would like to have.

Thanks

i can see that "Atlassian Templates: Software Development", this plugin is Incompatible.

From Drop down menu Insert -> other Macro. I could only see 4 plugins. Other macros are not visible.

I have checked there is a Table of Content option under Insert Macro, but when i click on it says :

"

There is no metadata configured for this macro which means no configuration screen can be presented here.

If this is a user macro then you can add metadata to the template using the user Macro Administration console."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

Ok, those macros should definitely be there. The Templates plugin shouldn't be an issue for any of the macros you've listed.

Are they definitley missing from the "insert other macros" list?

When you checked the list of plugins, did you check that the modules were enabled as well as the top-level plugin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2014

I've seen that before, but only when I've got an incompatible version of the plugin installed. Could you check the exact versions you've got?

Can you please let me know exact version of what are you asking about??

Table of Content Version :

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2014

Ok, that's the right version.

I really think you're getting errors in the log from this though - check both when Confluence starts up and when you get that error message thrown onto the screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events