It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Comment form doesn't appear

Hi All,

We have some issue with our Confluence server edition. We decided to let anonymous users comment articles. I did the necessary changes in the Space Permissions section (Anonymous Access -> Comments -> Add -> allow), in the Global Permissions anonymous users are allowed to use our documentation portal. But when I navigate to any article being anonymous, that is to say unlogged, I don't see a comment form at the article bottom.

Could anybody please help about reasons why can this happen?

1 answer

I don't think anonymous users can leave comments because a comment must be tied to a user.

I found out that the comment form was hidden earlier by custom CSS like described there.  Now the problem is gone since I have deleted the appropriate string from this CSS.

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – July 2020 Edition

Here’s another edition of “What’s New” this month in Confluence Cloud. Quickly (and more easily) adjust permission settings We know that sometimes the layers of space permissions and page restric...

8,742 views 11 39
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you