I am using 6.15.2 and when I try to edit an .xlsx file I am prompted to download the Atlassian Companion. This is what I am doing on both Chrome and Firefox:
0. Click the edit button for the .xlsx file that I want to edit.
1. See the pop-up that tells me about the Atlassian Companion.
2. Download Atlassian Companion .exe and run it.
3. Launch the app via the desktop shortcut (as an administrator).
4. Watch the mouse pointer spin for about 5 seconds.
5. Go back to my attachments page in Confluence and click the 'edit' button for the .xlsx file I used to be able to edit before the invention of the Atlassian Companion.
6. See the pop-up that tells me about the Atlassian Companion.
7. Repeat this endless loop until I am frustrated with the Atlassian Companion (which isn't very long).
Hey Scott, thanks for sharing with the Community!
As I understand, your Companion App installation is not recognized by the browser or system . I would like to ask you if it would be possible for you to try the *.MSI installer. Here is the link to it:
Could you also clarify a few points to us? Here they are:
- Is this working in another machine in your environment?
- Has this worked to other users in your organization?
- Do you have a firewall or proxy that might intervene with the communication between Confluence and Companion?
- Do you have 2FA or a Custom SSO in your environment?
If possible, also try the installation of both *.EXE and *.MSI files in another machine.
Let us know from your Scott!
Thank you Diego for responding. I tried the .msi on 2 machines. My answers are below:
HTH. Thanks again for responding.
I have the same problem for a few days now. It all worked for years and now it suddenly stopped.
works with chrome but doesn´t work with Firefox ESR 68.3.0 anymore.
All Clients in our Company are affected (Win10, Firefox ESR 68.3.0)
firewallsettings have not been changed
there is no proxy
.msi installer doesn´t cure it
I created a forwardlookupzone for
https://atlassian-domain-for-localhost-connections-only.com pointing at 127.0.0.1 - no effects
turns out the problem is a revoked certificate that was somehow compromised, depending on your browser settings regarding certificates this results in the companion app not working becaus of browser security constraints.
Atlassian is working to fix the issue/get a new, valid certificate
Same problem here. We already updated Companion to 0.7.3 and Confluence to 7.2.0, so the security issue with MITM-attack and regarding the certificate should be fixed.
Chrome 79.0.3945.88 is working nice, but it doesn't work with Firefox 68.3.0esr.
In the console this error message appears after click on "Edit":
Unhandled promise rejection Error: "Failed to connect on any of the ADC ports"
It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events