Assigning a document number to Attachments Confluence

Sonja Athing April 10, 2020

Hello,

A team in our organization has heavily relied on the ability of a document to be assigned a document id number when uploaded to a particular SW dev lifecycle tool. The uploaded document then is stored as:     

<Document Id: ><Document Name>

Document Id can then be searched within the system and is usable for referencing outside of Confluence as well as within other attached documents.  This is legacy process for this team that at this time, is difficult to give up.

Is their an add on that can provide this functionality either out of the box or via scripting ?

Perhaps, a customized 'Attachment' macro (or the ability to build one) that has the scripting added to concatenate a document id to the attachment file being updated (done only once, i.e., preserved thru the versions).

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Aslı Ekinci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

could you find any solutions

0 votes
Vinoth Rani October 29, 2020

Do we have solution for this ? can we get this achieved ? can we assign a document id which is dynamic to attachment ?

0 votes
Lee Wonnacott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2020

Hey Sonja! 

Would you mind expanding on how you are defining the Document Id to assign to the attachment name? 

Thanks, 
Lee

Sonja Athing April 15, 2020

Hi Lee,

Our team does not yet have a defined manner in generating the doc id but, the plan is that it would be available for retrieval from outside of the script that does the appending of the doc id to the file name to be uploaded (attached) to a confluence page.

Document would be visible via the attachment macro like this: 

docxxxx: myfile.txt

Thank you.

Sonja

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events