Anchor points to inaccurate location

Merrell Vineza November 20, 2019

I created an anchor and I referenced it from another page. 

create_anchor.png

When I click on the link, instead of going to the exact location where the anchor is, it shows the bottom part instead.

inaccurate_anchor.png

The upper part (the one with "escape characters/sequences") is hidden and I cannot see it. Is that a default behaviour? Because I assume links to anchors will redirect me to exact spot on the page.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

Hi @Merrell Vineza

Use the anchor before the intended text or line where you want the page to jump to with the anchor link. In the example you provided, for any user to be able to land at the beginning of column 23, add the anchor right before escape characters/sequences and not at the end (as in the pic). 

Anchors navigate you to the line/text/heading that comes after the anchor. :)

Hope this helps! 

Thanks

Sireesha

Merrell Vineza November 20, 2019

Thanks @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire] I found out that the top black header blocks the upper part. What I did is I just reloaded the page and the black header went away. It came back once I started to scroll my mouse up/down.

Ramachandran_Bramha June 9, 2021

Hi @sireesha,

I created the anchor and placed it before the text.  When I click on the link, it navigates but does not position exactly to the text where the anchor is create. 

Any suggestions,

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events