Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add Email Button to Confluence Page to send attached message body

Hi, 

Is it possible to have a predefined email body attached to a confluence page ?

I want to be able to have a mail link on a Confluence page (Cloud based), that when clicked opens up the email in the email client. The body text of this email I want to be able to edit like normal text, and not have it embedded in the link with %20 for spaces etc

I thought I might be able to use an attachment, type the email body and attach it to the page, then somehow use that for the body part of the mailto macro link.

Any ideas on how to make emails easier to maintain ?

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 01, 2022

Hi @Marcus O_Brien

You may want to look into some 3rd party plugins instead.  I believe confiforms can provide this functionality.

Link: https://wiki.vertuna.com/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=49415403#content/view/49415403

Regards 

Thanks @Fabian Lim for mentioning - ConfiForms would be the easiest way to do something like this and more

If you need any assistance @Marcus O_Brien feel free to reach https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form

Otherwise I afraid you will still need to have an HTML enabling plugin installed in the instance to create a very custom "mailto:" link like that

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

38,209 views 27 125
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you