Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usability Features

Nadia Spira February 5, 2024

Few features requests:

1. Add a rich text field type (allow bulleting, bolding, etc.)

2. Allow users to add a row at any point in the database (just like normal tables, rather than force them to add each row at the end and then drag it up)

3. Copy / paste functionality -- I'm surprised at how difficult I've found this but copy pasting a value from one cell across multiple other cells is overly difficult. I should be able to copy paste page links, database links etc. successfully and simple. Keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl + Shift + Down should work to quickly select a given portion of the database.

4. Importing from Excel -- for companies with existing extensive documentation in Excel who would consider moving to a Confluence database, making it easy is important. Page links for example -- if I type in the exact same page name for an existing Confluence page and import from Excel, the current database rejects this. I have to do it manually. This would not be so bad, except see point 3. When I try to copy/paste the page link field from one cell in the Confluence database to multiple others I am unable. It appears that it is trying to ensure it can identify the page before letting me save the data to the cell. I think it should try to auto-identify and go red / show an error if it's unable to rather than disallowing the user from pasting.

5. Ability to Union tables? It appears we can do join / database linking. Could we union tables or manipulate them in more advanced ways via SQL / JQL?

Another poster also mentioned auto-id fields -- this would be huge and valuable. Documentation that requires review often needs to have an Id noted and manually maintaining that is painful.

2 comments

Comment

Rachel Li
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2024

Hi @Nadia Spira thanks for the feedback!

For your second point, we are working on a new feature that allows users to add rows and columns from anywhere in the database that will be released in the coming weeks. 

Rich text is on our roadmap as well.

Tagging our product manager @Divya Sriram for the product fefedback!

Like # people like this
Frederik Schorr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2024

+1 for Add a rich text field type (allow bulleting, bolding, etc.)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events