Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindex your search language! (all editions)

Hi Confluence admins,

John here with an update: we've added the ability for you to update your Confluence's site's indexing language without requiring the help of the Atlassian support team. 

Index close.png

Why this matters

Having the accurate language selected as your site's indexing language can make a significant difference in the accuracy of the results that you and and your end users will receive when they search in Confluence.

Previously, we showed that it was possible to reindex your search language in Confluence, but the action could only be completed with the assistance of our support team, which obviously was not the best nor the most logical experience for admins. 

How it works

Product admins can now access this capability at the bottom of the General Configuration page in Confluence administration:

index far.png

Once you've found the indexing language dropdown, just select your desired language from the dropdown, and click the 'save indexing language changes' button!

FAQs

Which editions of Confluence Cloud is this available to?

Customers on all of our editions

I just tested it out but I can't change it back! What happened?

The indexing process may take from a few minutes up to a few hours, depending on your content, so if a previous indexing is still in progress, a new indexing can not be initiated.

When can I start using this update?

We will finish rolling this out to all customers by the end of this week, April 19.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or feedback with comments here or by scheduling time to chat with me here

7 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Any plans to roll out this feature in Jira Cloud?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

How about multi-language sites?

Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

@Ollie Guan This *is* for Cloud!

Steve Rhodes
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @John Hooper (again)

I don't see this on our Confluence Cloud - Should this have been rolled out to all instances already?

EDIT: i see that there's one day left to have this rolled out to our instance!

Like John Hooper likes this
John Hooper
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

@Ollie Guan - I'm not aware of a similar release that's planned by Jira currently

@Dave Mathijs - Great question. We have this as an item in our backlog currently but don't have a planned date for it. I'll relay this to our cross-product team focused on search as well to see if they have existing plans for it as well. 

And as always, please schedule some time to chat with me here on any of these items

John Hooper
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2024

Hi @Dave Mathijs - relaying that our cross-product search team is also not actively working on multi-language search index, but is aware of your interest in it

Taehong Kim April 22, 2024

Do you have a plan to support Korean?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events