Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository disappeared

SRykovanov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2021

Dear community,

Some of my repositories disappeared from https://bitbucket.org/workspace

for example, I still find on my local machine:

hg pull
pulling from https://bitbucket.org/workspace/repositoryname
abort: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi, @SRykovanov! Welcome to the community! 

Checking the repositories under your workspace, I confirmed there are several Mercurial repositories. So this is the reason you can't see these repositories anymore.

We deprecated Mercurial repositories and features last year:

However, these repos still exist in our system in an unavailable state and the support team can provide a backup of them in case you don't have one. 

Therefore, I opened a support ticket on your behalf, you will receive an email with the ticket number and another engineer will contact you to work on that with you.

In case you would like to read more about these changes, you can access this blog post: Sunsetting Mercurial support in Bitbucket

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
clark_hruska July 19, 2021

We are having the same issue! This is critical as we just went to production! We have the paid version but I can't get premium support because they can't find my workspace. 

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
July 19, 2021

Hi, @clark_hruska

In order to create a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/, you need to inform the workspace that is under the paid plan. Can you confirm if you are filling the "workspace URL" field with the workspace that is in the paid plan? 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events