Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit on the number of commits per git repository on Bitbucket

Diliup-G November 24, 2020

Earlier this month I suddenly couldn't commit to any of my repositories on bitbucket. I hade to create a new account and move the important repos. I was wondering if it was due to heavy commits over the last three months and hence the question.

My repos are all less than 1 Gb in size.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Diliup-G ,

We don't have a limit on the number of commits per repository.

Were you trying to push commits from your machine to Bitbucket, or create a commit from Bitbucket website, when you had this issue?

We would need to see the output of the push command (if you were trying to push commits) or any errors from the website (if you were using your browser to create commits) in order to figure out what caused this.

Does this issue still occur for you and would you like our help troubleshooting this?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Diliup-G November 25, 2020

Hi! Thanks for the response.

I was trying to push from my machine to the repo on BB. Mind you I have been doing this with the same repo for several months and this suddenly happened. Now I CANNOT PUSH to ANY PROJECT on this repo.  do not need to resolve this as I already transferred the necessary projects to a new repo . One of your reps were very helpful to me to solve this issue. 

Thank you very much

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2020

Hi @Diliup-G ,

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that you got help with this issue and that it has been resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events