Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change or create new Jira branch type names and edit the prefix?

paulo_silva October 1, 2020

I am working with my team to define the pattern for creating Branches in our work. I would like to know if it is possible to create new branch patterns in Jira. I tried to search but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell?

The existing types of branches that exist by default are: Bugfix, Feature, Release and Hotfix. I would like to know if it is possible to create other types or edit these?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

Hi @paulo_silva,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The branching model cannot be changed, it is based on the Gitflow Workflow which is the most common one used. There is a request to be able to create custom types, BCLOUD-10744 and I would encourage you to go and vote on it if you would like to see it implemented.  

paulo_silva October 6, 2020

Hi @Mike Sandberg. Thanks for your answer! That is exacltly what I was looking for. It would be very nice if it were implemented, so I followed your recomendation and voted on it. Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events