I bitbucket the right tool for a project requirement documentation?

Shivangi Gupta August 19, 2020

I'm working to understand if Bitbucket will be the correct tool for documenting a customer journey from a Business analyst or Product Owner Perspective? 

Can I upload and work on Word/Excel documents collaboratively?

Is it Product Manager friendly?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Shivangi Gupta 

Bitbucket is a Git code management tool - in Cloud, it's also a tool for collaboration on code, testing and deploying (i.e CI/CD). It's designed as a development tool rather than mapping out the customer journey.

-------------

If you're looking to track delivery of products - such as issue & project tracking, release planning, agile boards - you're best to look at Jira.

Or if you're looking for collaborative knowledge management, documentation with more detail - you're best to look at Confluence.

-------------

I'd check those two out as more closely aligned to your need above :)

Ste

Shivangi Gupta August 19, 2020

Stephen, many thanks for your answer! Just needed to ratify my understanding of bitbucket.

I've been trying my hands on Confluence as well :)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2020

Hi @Shivangi Gupta 

You're welcome :) - let us know if you need any further information!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events