Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "Enable Pipelines"

Alexei.Yugov September 26, 2022

Hello! I want to switch on the "Enable Pipelines" trigger at "Repository Settings"/"Settings". But the site says to me:

"Forbidden

Two-step verification must be set up for this user in their Bitbucket settings to enable pipelines in this workspace.

"

I've enabled two-step authorization at "manage account"/"Security".  And I made a logout/login iteration, and the site asked me to enter the code from Google Authenticator from my phone, and I entered the code, and I logged in to https://bitbucket.org/

But it is still forbidden for me to enable pipelines. What is wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2022

Hi, @Alexei.Yugov, welcome to the community! 

Checking your account, I see that you have enabled the MFA for your Atlassian account, however, the 2sv for Bitbucket Cloud is a different thing, and this one is currently disabled on your account. 

In order to enable the 2sv for your BB account, you can follow the next steps:

1. From your avatar in the upper right corner, click Personal settings.

2. Click Two-step verification under Security.

3. Review the requirements and make sure you've fulfilled them all.

4. Enter your Atlassian Account password and click Set up two-step verification.
    If your Atlassian account does not have a password, you'll need to set one in order to set up two-step verification. You can set a password for your Atlassian account using password recovery. Once you've set a password, log in to Bitbucket again and proceed.

5. Scan the QR code using your mobile devices and enter the resulting code in the Verification code field.
    If your mobile device cannot successfully scan the code, you can use the information in the Account and Key fields to connect your application. See the instructions for your authentication application to complete the process.

6. Download or otherwise record your recovery codes and keep them in a secure place where you can access them.

Also, it's not necessary to have both MFA and 2sv enabled, so as you need to enable the 2sv (Bitbucket Cloud), you can disable your MFA (Atlassian) by accessing your Atlassian profile.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events