Former bitbucket user (re-hire) not receiving workspace invitation email

Jaime Gonzalez March 3, 2022

Hello, this week we re hired a former employee, that previously had access to Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc. Our Atlassian stack is cloud.

He is able to access Jira accordingly; however, when I invite him to the Bitbucket the invitation is sent but he never receives the email. We have removed the user completely via Jira Administration, and added him again, but he does not get the bitbucket email.

I invited Myself using a personal email, and received the email within seconds. Any ideas what could be causing my user to not receive the invitation?

Thank you.

Jaime.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2022

Hi Jaime,

It is possible that we attempted to send a Bitbucket email to this user at a time when their email account was not operational, received a hard bounce response from your mail server, and the email address was then placed in a suppression list (as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails).

I checked in our system the Bitbucket Cloud workspaces you administer, and I saw in one of these workspaces two invitations that have not been accepted yet. Both emails were in our suppression list, so I went ahead and removed them.

Could you please try resending the invitations now?

A new invitation needs to be sent now, as the previous ones were dropped.

Please feel free to let me know if the issue is resolved now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Jaime Gonzalez March 7, 2022

Hello Theodora, we were able to receive the email. Thank you very much for your support.

Regards.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2022

Hi Jaime,

That's good to hear, thank you for the update and you are very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Jaime Gonzalez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events