Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue with branch creation

manish_taazaa May 2, 2024

Hello team, 

I am currently facing an issue on Bitbucket that previously, I was able to create a branch with the same name as the source branch prefix . For example, if the source branch was named "test", I could easily create a branch named "test/sonar". However, recently I have been facing issue in doing this. Whenever I try to create a branch following the same pattern, Bitbucket doesn't allow it. 

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2024

Hello @manish_taazaa ,

thank you for reaching out to the Community!

It may be the case that there's a branch restriction preventing you from creating a branch with a given pattern in that repository.

If you have any branch restriction set in the repository that matches the name/pattern of the branch you are trying to create, verify if you have been granted write access to that restriction. 

The creation of a branch is considered a write operation, so for branch names/patterns protected by a branch restriction, you need to have write access configured in that branch.

Hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @manish_taazaa !

Patrik S

manish_taazaa May 7, 2024
  • Thank you!!!!!
Like Patrik S likes this
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

Happy to have been of some help!

Feel free to reach out to Community if you ever need assistance with Bitbucket :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events