Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an empty workspace incorrectly states several repos will be deleted

Mike July 12, 2022

We have an old workspace where the content have already been transferred to other projects and workspaces. So in the housekeeping processing of cleaning it up, tried to delete the project but the delete button no matter how many times you click, won't do anything, so I figured, hey its only one project, maybe that's the reason and they just don't bother tell you. I needed to delete the workspace anyway, so it would go with that.

However, after I click on delete for the workspace, I get this warning which is wholly inaccurate given there are ZERO repos within it, so where is it getting this number?

image.png

But as you can see when clicking on the link showing 6 repositories, there is nothing there, I know because I was the one who transferred them out and can confirm they are at their destinations already.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2022

Hi @Mike,

I checked the workspaces your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to. There is one workspace with 6 repositories, however, all 6 of them are Mercurial repos. It is no longer possible to access them from the UI since we sunset support for Mercurial, but they still exist in an unavailable state.

If you don't want to delete the workspace, I can delete these 6 Mercurial repos for you so you can then delete the project where they belong. Please feel free to let me know if you would like me to proceed with that.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mike July 18, 2022

@Theodora Boudale  Ok, that actually makes sense.

Would just saying, "screw it" and proceeding with the delete after the warning remove all that or will it orphan those Mercurial repos?

If not, then I can just delete them spare you the time. But if yes, then please go ahead and nuke them and let me know. Thank you.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Hi @Mike,

These repos are going to be deleted if the workspace gets deleted.

If you don't want to delete the workspace, please feel free to let me know and I can delete the repos, it's not a problem!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events