Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot Clone Visual Studio to BitBucket

HI

I have a new laptop that cannot connect to BitBucket from Visual Studio 2019.  Because of this I am unable to clone to my local repository.

I am able to log into bitbucket no problem from this new laptop, however when I try and clone from visual studio the Artissan log in box keeps coming up and after entering credentials a few attempts it declines.

My colleague remembers saying he had similar issues ages ago but cant remember the resolution.  Any help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S Atlassian Team May 26, 2022

Hello @David Mercer ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

When you are prompted for the credentials, could you please make sure you are providing your bitbucket username (not the e-mail address) and an App Password (not your account password)? 

- The bitbucket username can be found in your account's personal settings by accessing the following link https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/

- As for the App Password, you can create it in your account accessing here: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/

For more details about App Passwords you are also welcome to check the following documentation : 

Hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you @David Mercer .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,095 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you