Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access old bitbucket account

Sushil Wanjari April 28, 2022

Hello,

I have an old bitbucket account "<username_removed>" but I do not remember the email id with which I had registered the account. So, I am now unable to login to my bitbucket account as the login with username is no more allowed.

Please suggest how can I get access to my existing account.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Sushil Wanjari,

I would suggest trying to log in to bitbucket.org with any of the other email addresses you own, and then see if you are logged in to the account you are looking for. Due to our privacy policy, we cannot share the email of a Bitbucket account when someone reaches out to us with an email address not associated with said account.

If you try to log in with a certain email and you get asked to create a username, this means that there is no Bitbucket account with that email as primary, so you can skip the process and try a different email.

Just a heads up, I removed the Bitbucket username from your post to comply with our privacy policy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Sushil Wanjari May 4, 2022

Thanks for the reply!

I tried with all my mail ids, but it is prompting me to create a username. I am not sure if I had added any mail id to my Bitbucket account. Is it possible that there was no mail id associated with my account?

Regards,

Sushil

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Hi Sushil,

The account in question has an email associated with it.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events