no Plugin with key 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-variable-inject-plugin:inject' is installed.

Hi, I'm setting up a new Agent on Windows 10 (our other agents are all windows 7, that I need to move over to windows 10.

Our version of Bamboo is 5.9.7

bamboo-variable-inject-plugin-5.9.7.jar exists on the agent in 

C:\Users\atau-svc-p-winbuild\bamboo-agent-home\plugins\system-provided

The same script works on windows 7 but doesn't work here. I don't know whether it's a windows 10 issue or whether it's some configuration issue.

The plugin is enabled in Bamboo plugin page.

Thanks

1 answer

well I see this in the log

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2017/11/15 11:14:01 | 2017-11-15 11:14:01,204 ERROR [Thread-0] [PluginEnabler] Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable: com.heroku.bamboo.heroku-bamboo-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-aws-codedeploy,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.tomcat.bamboo-tomcat-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-artifact-downloader-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-mercurial,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-variable-inject-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.maven,com.atlassian.bamboo.triggers.atlassian-bamboo-triggers,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.clover,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.jira,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-docker-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-stash,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-scp-plugin,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.testresultparser,com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-nodejs-plugin

how do I force the plugins to start

well to answer my own question, Bamboo 5.9.7 jar needs Java version 8, it doesn't work with Java 9.

So I used 8u152, then it works to run the java components on Windows 10

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,579 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you