Why we need integrate Subversion with Bamboo ?

why we need to integrate svn to bamboo,plz any can tell about this integration in  END User perspective way .

plz provide any articles or sites or books or any experience share with us as we are new to this .

plz share the information on this...it it would be great help full for me and my team. 

1 answer

0 votes

You don't need to integrate it, but you probably want to.  Start with the absolute basics

Bamboo is a build server at its heart.  It exists to build software from code (although a lot of us do a lot more than just build the software), automatically, so that your developers are not spending ages doing their own builds in potentially non-standard ways.

Subversion is a source control system that you keep your code in.

So, "why you need to integrate them" is basically because you generally want to set up Bamboo to build code that is kept in Subversion.

I suspect there is more to your question, but once you understand the "why", you need to decide if that's what you want to do and then see how you can set it up.

thanks a lot  Nic Brough,

things we are going to do

--------------------------------------

1. Migration from CVS to SVN
  2. Integrating SVN to Bamboo
  3. If we integrate with bamboo,what is the use ,and in what way we can use it.
  4. Why we need Integration

CVS to SVN migration is something a lot of people have done. Subversion was written because of inadequacies in CVS, so it's a pretty standard process. I've already explained why you might want Bamboo and Subversion integrated.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

307 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you