Why we need integrate Subversion with Bamboo ?

sandhya June 7, 2015

why we need to integrate svn to bamboo,plz any can tell about this integration in  END User perspective way .

plz provide any articles or sites or books or any experience share with us as we are new to this .

plz share the information on this...it it would be great help full for me and my team. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2015

You don't need to integrate it, but you probably want to.  Start with the absolute basics

Bamboo is a build server at its heart.  It exists to build software from code (although a lot of us do a lot more than just build the software), automatically, so that your developers are not spending ages doing their own builds in potentially non-standard ways.

Subversion is a source control system that you keep your code in.

So, "why you need to integrate them" is basically because you generally want to set up Bamboo to build code that is kept in Subversion.

I suspect there is more to your question, but once you understand the "why", you need to decide if that's what you want to do and then see how you can set it up.

sandhya June 7, 2015

thanks a lot  Nic Brough,

things we are going to do

--------------------------------------

1. Migration from CVS to SVN
  2. Integrating SVN to Bamboo
  3. If we integrate with bamboo,what is the use ,and in what way we can use it.
  4. Why we need Integration

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2015

CVS to SVN migration is something a lot of people have done. Subversion was written because of inadequacies in CVS, so it's a pretty standard process. I've already explained why you might want Bamboo and Subversion integrated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events