User can't deploy even though permissions are set

I want my qa team members to be able to manually trigger a deployment to their test site.  I have given one of the users deploy permissions to the QA environment.  However when he logs in, he cannot see a deployment action for the environment or any in the plan.

What setting am i missing?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Jason,

Created a group called "bamboo-deploy" (any group name would do)

Created a user "deploy" and added to "bamboo-deploy" group

image2016-11-14 15:0:29.png

Create a Deployment / Environment

Granted the following permission

image2016-11-14 15:2:49.png

Logged in to Bamboo with "deploy" user

image2016-11-14 15:3:53.png

As you can see, under Actions the user "deploy" is able to run a deployment

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico

Please, make sure the same user/group you are granting deploy permission to the environment has also permission (i.e. view) to the build that will be consumed by this very same environment.

Thanks for your reply.  This sent me in a direction that got me working.....I am using LDAP sync'd users and i was trying to assign deploy permissions directly to the LDAP user and it was not working.  I noticed that in your example above you were using local users/groups.  So i created an internal bamboo group and assigned my LDAP synced user to that group, and then assigned deploy permissions to the local group and it started working great.

Hello Jason,

image2016-11-14 19:36:17.png

image2016-11-14 19:35:32.png

image2016-11-14 19:33:41.png

"user0" must have view permission to the Project/Plan consumed by the Dpeloyment

image2016-11-14 19:37:9.png

Logged in as "user0"

image2016-11-14 19:37:57.png

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 2 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

16 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you