Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support slack notifications for Bamboo yaml specs

Marcos Gabilondo March 11, 2022

Hi team,

Do you know when are you going to support slack notifications definition in Bamboo yaml specs for plans and deployments??

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice day.

Marcos Gabilondo.

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcos Gabilondo March 14, 2022

HI @Phill Pafford @Eduardo Alvarenga and @Alexey Chystoprudov

Thanks for your help, I've really appreciated it. 

I was thinking Bamboo does not support slack notifications yet because when I'm exporting an existing Bamboo plan to yaml specs, the plan/deployment definition said:

bamboo_specs.png

I will apply one of your solutions to my plan definitions.

Thanks in advance,

Marcos Gabilondo

As @Eduardo Alvarenga said in his message about convert the Java format in Yaml. 

I didn't export my plan definitions to JavaSpecs to see that Bamboo supports this kind of notifications. 

bamboo_specs2.png

Thanks. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Pafford March 11, 2022

One option I've looked at is using the email to slack channel functionality https://slack.com/intl/en-gb/help/articles/206819278-Send-emails-to-Slack

Basically each channel in slack can has an email associated to it, then you just setup spec to use the email option for notifications.

While I have not officially tried this in spec, I do use the email option to send a slack message to a channel

It's a good solution but it does not fit with our requirements because the email notification to slack is hidden until you expanded the message.

So, you can not see if the plan has been finished successfully without click on the slack message.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022
1 vote
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Hey @Marcos Gabilondo

Have a look at this KB article. It will walk you through the steps to "convert" the Slack instructions from Java format into YAML.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Phill Pafford March 11, 2022

nice find!

I will try this solution to see if the message has the same format as the manually configured one.

Like Eduardo Alvarenga likes this
Dennis Hoer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2023

@Marcos Gabilondo where you able to get this to work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events