Stash & Bamboo sharing home and DB servers

Config Manager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

We have Stash running on a Windows VM with its MS SQL Server DB on a second VM. We are now planning to deploy Bamboo and already have an evaluation copy. Assuming that the 2 VMs are sized correctly, does installing Bamboo on the same VM as Stash with its database on the same SQL Server make sense? We would run them both as Windows services.

Assuming it is a viable setup, then when I configure Bamboo to use the same SQL Server as Stash, will this impact the Stash DB in any way or is a separate instance or DB user created? (sorry I'm not very DB literate to understand the details of MS SQL Server setup)

Are there any gotcha's I need to look out for?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Config Manager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Thanks - the "create a separate database in SQL Server" comment is key!

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2013

You can share the home VM and the DB VM without problems. Just create a separate database in SQL Server and make sure you install the apps to different install/home directories

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events