It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to script a mass change to all "script body" values in a bamboo instance?

I work with a Bamboo 4.4.5 instance that has a large number of build plans.  Quite a few of those build plans have a particular script task that I need to make a small change to in the "script body" field.  Does Bamboo provide any way to "script" the modification of this, so I don't have to go into every single build plan and hunt and click into each script task to change the value?

1 answer

1 vote

Changing the script content directly in the db (build_definition table) is the only way to achieve this.

There are no checksums or anything, you can directly replace it. Keep in mind it has to be valid XML and make a backup before you do that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

665 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you